By Alan Smithee
This year’s Nobel Laureate, an American Robert Shiller, won this year’s prize for economics for research into market prices and asset bubbles. He, and two other Americans, believes sharp rises in equity and property prices could lead to a dangerous financial bubble and may end badly. The stock market sits precariously atop the false foundation of fiat money ($85 billion per month Keynesian economics, aggregate spending).
Tocqueville wrote of “Political Consequences of the Social State of the Anglo-Americans” by saying:
“But one also finds in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to want to bring the strong down to their level, and which reduces men to preferring equality in servitude to inequality in freedom”.
Thus we see the Ben Carson and Sarah Palin uncomfortable “truth” about color blind slavery.
The audacity of hypocrisy, at long last “have you no shame senator?” Thus the naked power- grab, the nuclear option, the “Deal” with Iran”, as the insane radical liberals sense their decline in popularity, patriotism, faith and integrity by the electorate. There are radicals on the right, but not nearly enough to re-balance the scales of social justice.
Where are the principled JFK democrats? Were they also un-conscionable, ideologically locked, then, or just along for the ride? Theirs is not a practical belief anymore, it is a religion. Yes, all sides are flawed but the socialist, collective policies of this decade surely belong to the democrats.
This “Nuclear Option”, surely to be expanded, and the Iran deal, “Iran’s accord with world powers to limit its nuclear program in exchange for as much as $7 billion in relief from sanctions left Presidents Barack Obama and Hassan Rouhani the task of selling the deal to critics”, are two more giant steps in the “Transformation of America”.
President Eisenhower in his farewell speech in 1961 is reported to have expressed grave concerns about the growing influence of what he termed the military–industrial–congressional complex. Might he have been prophetic? Could that not include the “Executive Complex”, the reason for Valerie Bowman Jarrett’s’ dozen of staffers and her full-time Secret Service protection?
This is “a concept (“Complex”) commonly used to refer to policy and monetary relationships between legislators, national armed forces, and the military industrial base that supports them. These relationships include political contributions, political approval for military spending, lobbying to support bureaucracies, and oversight of the industry. It is a type of iron triangle.”
We must guard against the “acquisition of unwarranted influence”, whether sought or unsought, by the executive branch, the pharmaceutical, academic, congressional and military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
Our government-must avoid, at all costs, the impulse to live only for today, plundering and manipulating, for our own ease and convenience, the precious resources and constitution safe-guards, of tomorrow.
What a clear and present danger, utter nonsense, the midnight “dump” 11/23/13, of another policy blunder, this one on foreign affairs, a victory for Iran. Iran Nuclear Deal Reached At Geneva Talks is a retread of the Munich Agreement after which the British prime minister Chamberlain returned to Great Britain where he declared that the Munich agreement meant “peace for our time”. There is no deal with Iran, only concessions. The parallels are frightening.
The high-stakes diplomatic gamble by the Obama administration paved the way for the historic (?) deal sealed early Sunday 11/24/13, in Geneva aimed at slowing Tehran’s nuclear program. Thus there are no concessions except “slowing”? No walking back the promise of “death to infidels”, the Great and Little Satan, westerns all!
Is not “slowing” like the tactless “losing” of diplomatic leverage? The lesson in 1938, not learned, to our peril was appeasement of Hitler had shown, the governments of both France and Britain were set on avoiding war at any cost…it failed miserably.
“Netanyahu: Iran Nuclear Deal A ‘Historic Mistake” “Israel’s prime minister harshly condemned the international community’s nuclear deal with Iran on Sunday, calling it a “historic mistake” and saying he was not bound by the agreement.” Thus there was no prior support solicited or obtained from our allies before this monumental blunder, a distraction needed from the ObamaCare disaster.
“Today the world became a much more dangerous place because the most dangerous regime in the world made a significant step in obtaining the most dangerous weapons in the world.” And America will suffer alone with our allies, oh, how we have betrayed them all?
This is a deal based on “Iranian deception and (international) self-delusion.” The folly is that this is an agreement that commits Iran to curb its nuclear activities in exchange for limited and gradual sanctions relief. Russia and China will never re-impose sanctions, regardless. Iran, like North Korea under Clinton, will ignore their responsibilities. Iran was never required to give up its aggressive hatred and promised aggression against Israel and the West (Big and Little Satan), and will continue to be a supporter of Syria, the terrorists, a growing thorn in the side of Saudi Arabia and all Middle East allies. Did Valerie Jarrett, who has a staff of about three dozen and receives full-time Secret Service protection, have a hand in what may be a historic blunder?
Report: International Negotiations With Iran Are a ‘Facade’ – Secret Deal Allegedly Already Struck Directly With Valerie Jarrett.
“An Israeli television network reported Sunday night that Valerie Jarrett, senior adviser to President Barack Obama, has been holding secret talks with the head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, Ali Akbar Salehi, and that the international negotiations underway in Geneva are merely a “facade” covering up a deal whose terms have already been decided.
The report on Israel’s Channel 10 quoted unnamed senior Israeli officials who said that the talks, which have reportedly been underway for a year, have been held in various Persian Gulf states…..the secret channel marginalized [Secretary of State John] Kerry, and was overseen by the president.
The summary of this “Munich 1938” type of policy appeasement sham is;
- The still uncompleted Arak heavy-water reactor, only useful for “weaponized Plutonium”, seen by the West as a potential source of nuclear bomb fuel, has emerged as a huge stumbling block, a concession, in Iran’s talks with six world powers, on a deal to rein in its nuclear program.
- This agreement ignores the past cooperation of Russia and China, in sanctions, conceivably now lost, possibly no longer an option? It “guts” the six past sanction resolutions of the UN Security Council in their attempt to reign in Iran’s atomic proliferation, their codified objective to wipe Little Satan Israel, Big Satan America, and the westerner world from the face of the earth.
- Past requirements were to “stop” all enrichment. Now it must simply “slow” enrichment for “six” months and are “rewarded” with the lifting of some $7 billion (?) in financial sanctions.
- The “six month” final deal, is no deal at all, simply a collation of the rules on “how to continue enrichment”.
- The civilized world has forgotten that “Enrichment is the bastion of proliferation”.
- Enrichment started in any country destroys the concept of containing nuclear capacity.
- The relaxing of sanctions without a quid-pro-quo is a diplomatic and substantive disaster.
- Provisions in this Iran deal (why?) paves the way for U.S. companies to inspect and repair the aging Iran Air fleet, a narrow private enterprise corruption of the $7 billion (?) in financial sanctions lifting, a buying of influence.
- This is a sham from beginning to end, a distraction from ObamaCare, possibly the worst deal since Chamberlains’ fiasco of 1938.
- “Americans are divided over the deal between the United States and Iran to limit Iran’s nuclear program.” Hitler became a national Iranian hero as he talked about their mutually oppressed Aryan peoples.
- “Via the Weekly Standard, the Al Jarida newspaper of Kuwait reported that Obama hopes to visit Tehran in the middle of next year.” Secret negotiations have been in place for quite some time. The obstacle reported is whether the Mullahs will meet with him, not whether they will denounce their pledge to exterminate Big and Little Satan from the face of the earth. And Chamberlain believed Hitler!
Would those “for” the deal also have supported Chamberlains’ appeasement in 1938? Hitler also wanted to exterminate the Jews, something Iran pledges to do! Hitler advocated, during the run up to WWII, getting Persia then to change its name to Iran in honor of Aryan ancestry? Pacifists and cowards, literal opposites, have psychologically valid reason for their opposition to “pre-emption”. And yet it might save our children.
John R. Bolton, former ambassador to the United Nations, stated that the United States’ forged agreement with Iran November 2013, is an “abject surrender by the United States,” “In truth, an Israeli military strike is the only way to avoid Tehran’s otherwise inevitable march to nuclear weapons, and the proliferation that will surely follow,”
Thus we experience the Nuclear Options, the Achilles heel of fiat money, economic slavery and Chamberlain appeasement, the tools of tyranny.
Have we forgotten “The Crisis” by Thomas Paine; “Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”
“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as “Freedom” should not be highly rated.”
Peace is nothing more than the pause between conflicts, and we should accept that as obvious as the existence of evil. “Hawks” are “Doves” who will not shrink from service to their country.