Jamie Foxx is a Racist

Tim Ross
February 11, 2013 Posted by Tim Ross MrTim29@ymail.com

What’s worse… when a person makes a textbook racist comment or when it is applauded by a large audience?  I don’t know.  Was Adolf Hitler worse than the Nazis that cheered him on?  Was Governor George Wallace worse than the Democrats that encouraged him?  Today we have entertainer Jamie Foxx making racist comments at the NAACP Image Awards and a predominantly black audience applauding his statement.   tell me, what’s worse?

Yes, you heard correct.  During his acceptance speech as Entertainer of the Year on February 1st at the NAACP Image Awards, Jamie Fox said the following:

All I can say is I’m so humbled tonight. I was thinking about all the stuff that I was going to say personally about myself, and I was gonna be all about me and how I did it, and how me and me and I and I, and then you watch Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier come out, and you say to yourself it’s really not big of a deal of what you are doing just yet.

I have so many things I wanted to say, but after watching and listening to Harry Belafonte speak, sometimes I feel like somehow I failed a little bit in being caught up in what I do, or maybe that’s the young generation, and that’s what it is. But I guarantee you that I’m going to work a whole lot harder man.

Black people are the most talented people in the world. I, it’s, I can’t explain it. You can’t sit in this room and not watch Gladys Knight sing and go like, “Golly, what in the world?

Really?  “Black people are the most talented people in the world?”  I am not saying that black people are not talented.  Nor am I saying that white people are more talented.  For the record, I think every individual — regardless of race — has certain talents and that no one race is more collectively talented than another.  Yet, Jamie Foxx believes that his race — not his ambition, not his work ethic, not his God-given or natural born talent — is the reason for his success that has earned him an American Music Award, two BET Award, two Grammy Awards, five NAACP Image Awards, three Soul Train Awards, an Academy Award, a BAFTA, a Golden Globe, SAG Award, and numerous Critics Awards.

His race, really?

Let’s check a dictionary.  According to Merriam-Websters dictionary, the number one definition of racism is as follows:

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

Clearly, since Jamie Foxx believes that the primary determinant of a trait and capacity that produces inherent superiority in the field of entertainment belongs solely to black people, his statement — without question — is racist.  Textbook racist.

foxx
Yet, there are still people in the United States, mainly Democrats, that believe Jamie Foxx is not only correct in his statement, but believe it is not even racist.  They say racism requires a power differential.  That regardless of the fact that black people (like Obama, like Foxx, like Justice Thomas, like Michael Jordan, like R. Donahue Peebles, like Quintin Primo III and so on) achieve success in a predominately white dominated society, that no black person could ever make a racist comment because white people are the social majority.  This belief comes from their confusion between being a “minority” and being a victim of “racism.”  The two are not synonymous and the definition is clear.  If you believe that a person’s race makes them superior to all other people of other races, that is racism.  And Jamie Foxx is a racist.

The saddest part about this is that a double-standard exists.  Jamie Foxx will not come under criticism for making such a remark.  It’s even worse since this was said on the heels of his SNL performance in which he said of his role in Django, “I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?”  But nobody, with the exception of right wing bloggers like me, will take issue with it.

We all know would happen to the white person who took a role where they killed all the black people in a movie and then bragged about it later saying, “I save my wife and I kill all the black people in the movie. How great is that?” And then later saying, “White people are the most talented people in the world. I, it’s, I can’t explain it. You can’t sit in this room and not watch Adele sing and go like, “Golly, what in the world?”  We all know that would be the end of that person’s career.  But Jamie Foxx says it and not a peep.

Equality is either a two-way street, or it is not.  Racism is either a two way street, or it is not.  And sadly, America is turning into a one way street in which inequality and racism for one race is not only tolerated, it is accepted and applauded.

Again, I ask, which is worse… the racist or the society encouraging it?

@JamieFoxx @Foxx #Racism #Racist

Tags: , , ,

15 Responses to Jamie Foxx is a Racist

1. Dawne on February 11, 2013 at 11:16 am

Yep, he lost me when he made those comments on SNL.

2. dukeroberts on February 11, 2013 at 11:48 am

I have no problem with the SNL comments. They were made in a comedic monologue on a comedy show. The NAACP comments, though made at a celebration of black culture with the purpose of highlighting and lifting up black artists, is a little more concerning.

• Richard on February 12, 2013 at 9:25 am

So if a white actor in a comedic monologue said: “I get free, I save my wife, I kill all the black people in the movie. How great is that?” – that would acceptable? Dream on!!!

3. Servo on February 11, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Thanks for warning us all about the evil rise of the 21st century Hitler: Jamie Foxx. (So I’m clear, Foxx has stolen the “Next Hitler” title from Obama, right?)

Is this really what keeps you up at night, Ross? This must be a rough (post-election loss) time for you.

• Tim Ross on February 11, 2013 at 10:36 pm

What keeps me up at night is exactly what I said… “America is turning into a one way street in which inequality and racism for one race is not only tolerated, it is accepted and applauded.” Yet you don’t seem to care… making you a part of the problem. Then again, you’re a democrat, so racial divisiveness and vote-buying inequality is perfectly fine to you. The lack of principals and the lack of equality coming from left is part of the reason why America will one day fall.

• Servo on February 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

Then I look forward to your article blasting SOTU attendee Ted Nugent as a racist for saying this to the Detroit Free Press: “Apartheid isn’t that cut and dry. All men are not created equal.”

Or for this gem: “I use the word n—-r a lot because I hang around with a lot of n—-rs, and they use the word n—-r, and I tend to use words that communicate….”

So yeah…REALLY looking forward to your article. (Or can only black people be racists in your world?)

• Tim Ross on February 12, 2013 at 4:15 pm

You confuse racism with racial slurs… racial slurs don’t make a person racist. Everyone knows that. And you attempt to make a moral equivalence argument. The problem with that is that you believe that because Ted Nugent makes some racially insensitive comments (yes, racially insensitive, not “textbook racist”) that you are somehow morally superior. You fail at making Nugent out as a racist and you fail even more in your moral equivalence argument. In fact, it’s almost as if you are trying to excuse the racist behavior of Jamie Foxx, a Democrat (a political party whose foundation is built upon racism). Why is it so difficult for you to admit that Jamie Foxx is a racist?

• Servo on February 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Forget the N-word stuff. He said “Apartheid isn’t that cut and dry. All men are not created equal.”

Let’s break that down.

Apartheid: a system of racial segregation enforced through legislation by the National Party governments, who were the ruling party from 1948 to 1994, of South Africa, under which the rights of the majority black inhabitants of South Africa were curtailed and white supremacy and Afrikaner minority rule was maintained.

So unless you disagree that Apartheid was wrong and racist, then Nugent claiming it is not “cut and dry” followed by “not all men are created equal” = Ted Nugent is racist….by THE SAME definition of racist you cite above!

It’s almost as if you are trying to excuse the racist behavior of Ted Nugent, a Republican (a political party that is currently made up of many race-baiters and textbook racists, also known as “Birthers”). Why is it so difficult for you to admit that Ted Nugent is a racist?

• Tim Ross on February 13, 2013 at 10:59 am

There are a couple things here.

One, when I quote Jamie Foxx — who made an indisputably racist comment — I posted his entire quote in its full context. You cherry picked a Nugent quote considered to be racially insensitive, but when you read the quote in its full context, you begin to see that you are just trying to exploit it for a your failed moral equivalence argument. The full context:

“Apartheid isn’t that cut and dry. All men are not created equal. The preponderance of South Africa is a different breed of man. I mean that with no disrespect. I say that with great respect. I love them because I’m one of them. They are still people of the earth, but they are different. They still put bones in their noses, they still walk around naked, they wipe their butts with their hands … These are different people. You give ‘em toothpaste, they fucking eat it … I hope they don’t become civilized. They’re way ahead of the game.”

It is a quote less about race and more about the difference between primitive culture and civilized culture and what the affects of apartheid would do to the primitive culture. And you simply cannot assign that just because Nugent honestly points out that there are two cultures in Africa that it is because of a racial superiority… especially when he says he is “ONE OF THEM” and that he believes that the primitive culture is “WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME” and that he is for protecting their right to live as they wish and not be pushed into an industrialized culture. Hardly racist at all.

It’s called critical thinking.

And until I see a quote from Ted Nugent where he says “White people are better ________ than black people” or “White people are the greatest at _____________ in the world” or until you find something where Nugent says, “This is to be used by white people only,” you have no case. None whatsoever.

Second, why is it so difficult for you to just admit that Jamie Foxx — a Democrat — is a racist? After all, he called black people superior… which is textbook racism. Do you not believe racism is a two way street? Or do you just excuse racist Democrats for political purposes?

4. Servo on February 13, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Okay, if you want to argue that Nugent saying “all men aren’t created equal” doesn’t equal racism (due to the backhanded bone-through-the-nose “compliment” he tacked on for good measure) at the end of the day you comparing Jamie Foxx and the NAACP Award attendees to Hitler and the Nazis is unbelievably f*cking stupid. Unless this article is tongue-in-cheek, which it doesn’t seem to be, then you clearly have no understanding of what black people have been through over the course of history to get to a place where they now HAVE their own awards show. But I understand you must be completely threatened by the idea of minorities expressing confidence in themselves and expressing celebration about their cultural achievements…especially with that scary black guy in the White House.

And yeah, if a white guy said “white people are the most talented people in the world” or “I kill all the black people in the movie…how great is that?” it WOULD be wrong and it WOULD be racist. And for good reason, too. Just like it’s okay that there is an NAACP Image Awards but not a Caucasian Image Awards. Get over it, and stop pretending to be offended by nonsense.

• Tim Ross on February 14, 2013 at 1:25 am

1. Why are you so compelled to avoid admitting that Jamie Foxx — a Democrat — is a textbook racist? Why are you so compelled to excuse behavior that is utterly inexcusable?

2. You know you lost the debate when your reaction is nothing more than making a moral equivalence argument (because you cannot defend the charge). You lost. Why do you continue to beat the dead horse?

3. If you need a road map to the Foxx-Hitler analogy, here it is: Nazis cheered on Hitler’s view that Germans were superior to Jews. How is it “unbelievably fucking stupid” when you can write the same EXACT sentence and change the keywords to NAACP attendees cheered on Foxx’s view that Blacks were superior to all other races?

4. How does your experience provide you with any more knowledge “of what black people have been through over the course of history” than my experience… of which you know little? In addition, what does that have to do with Jamie Foxx being a racist? Are you seriously suggesting that black people cannot be racist? Seriously?!

5. Did you find the unbelievable irony in your accusation that I “must be completely threatened by the idea of minorities expressing confidence in themselves” as much as everyone else? Seriously, you are a voice of my political opposition — one that promotes a racist ideology that says blacks in America cannot achieve much on their own that they must have handouts (welfare, food stamps, section 8, etc) and promote discriminatory opportunities based on race (affirmative action, quotas, busing, etc). Those in my political party — of all races — are the only voices in America that advocate for true equality… why? Because we actually believe minorities have the confidence in themselves to not only have an award show, but to achieve success that includes wealth and power.

6. About the “All men are created equal comment” — Look, on an individual level, we know this is 100% absolutely true. Each man’s unique DNA provides them with certain development and functioning that is different than all other men. It’s why some people are more attractive than others, why some are smarter than others, why some have greater talent than others, and so on. These distinctions are why Jamie Foxx is so talented that he can amass a fortune of $85 million… an amount that both you and I will never earn in our lifetimes combined. But these distinctions are not based on race. If you are assigning race to that phrase in terms of our talents, then that is a manifestation of your own racist insecurities… so stop projecting them onto your political opposition. And, for the record, when this phrase was first coined, it wasn’t about all individuals being equal in terms of ability, talent, intelligent, etc. — it was about their rights and to be treated fairly in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In terms of how Nugent used the phrase, it was not in relation to whites versus blacks, it was in relation to primitive culture (of which he said he respected and is a part of — probably because he fancies himself a salt of the earth type of guy) and a civilized culture. But, again, that takes critical thinking, so I understand why you wouldn’t get it.

7. Lastly, the biggest difference between people like me and people like you is simple. When people in our party actually do something abhorrent, not insensitive, they are rejected. When people in your party are insensitive or even abhorrent, you guys make excuses for them. And that is exactly what you have done here today with your comments. You excuse the blatant racism of the left and you are trying to get some traction out of what some construe as racially insensitive on the right. You give me an actual racist quote by someone in my party, and I will express outrage and want them bucked from the club; but you, your ilk, no, you guys embrace ‘em and protect ‘em. Very sad Very sad indeed.

5. Johnny Jones on February 15, 2013 at 10:38 am

White people are extremely more talented in some aspects, and blacks are way more talented in others… Big Whoop!!

6. Joshua on April 8, 2013 at 8:02 am

The Discrimination, and slaughter of the Jewish people didnt happen over night. it began with subtle discriminations, and rascist propaganda. It began with its people accepting the distreatment of jews just a little at a time. I understand the concern of mr. Ross, because if we can learn anything from history, its that the holocaust began with the acceptance of hate and rascism from its people. Outrage wasnt shown. No one spoke up soon enough, and millions lost there lives.

7. Dave Pizer on April 12, 2013 at 10:26 am

Anti_racist is a code word for anti_white.

Africa for Africans, Asian for the Asians, White countries for Everybody??

Supporting White Genocide is not anti_racist, it is anti_white.

Follow the White Rabbit! (whiterabbitradio)

8. Amazed on February 1, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I’m amazed at the fixation on insisting the comment “not all people are created equal” as being racist.

All people are not created equal. That is a statement of fact and nothing more. All people should have equal rights, is not the same thing as all people are born equal. We just aren’t. That isn’t racist. I’m not saying (insert race) is superior or inferior to (insert race). I’m saying PEOPLE are not born equal, and that is a statement of fact.

As far as Nugent’s admittance of using a racial slur. Please note that the use of that slur is primarily promoted and perpetuated by the very people that cry offense to it. Look up the word hypocrisy in the dictionary. You might learn something.