Is The Obama Administration Paranoid?

Tom Donelson
February 14, 2013 Posted by Tom Donelson tomdonelson@aol.com

Obama Administration

Paranoid?

Is the Obama Administration paranoid about the people it supposedly serves?  Within the first year of the Obama Administration, a report came out dealing with “right wing militia” and essentially reported that much of the conservative establishment are part of a possible terrorist organization.

When I read that the Department of Homeland Security bought enough bullets and arms to fight the equivalent of 24 years of Iraqi Wars, I ask myself why?  I had to admit, I didn’t even know the Department of Home Security had their own security force but while I have never been the conspiracy sort; I have come to the conclusion that there are many on the left who truly believe in their own version of conspiracy.  The Missouri Information Analysis Center produced a study early in the Obama administration warning Americans that right wing extremists were ready for a revolution.  (The Missouri Information Analysis Center is a center that collects intelligence from various local agencies and the Department of Homeland Security.  As the report noted, “It is not uncommon for militia members to display Constitution Party, Campaign for Liberty, or Libertarian material.  These members are usually supporters of former Presidential Candidates: Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr.”  That is right, Ron Paul was ready to lead a revolution of his supporters and his son has now taken over as the head of the armed rebellion.

The Huffington Post, one of the left’s leading internet sites, noted about the report, “If you think the conservative “Tea Party” movement is daunting, take a look at a new report issued by the Department of Homeland Security that says right-wing extremism is on the rise throughout the country…  In the report (a full copy of which is below), officials warn that right-wing extremists could use the bad state of the U.S. economy and the election of the country’s first black president to recruit new members to their cause.”  Granted there are many on the right who might share a paranoid view about the left but then the left’s paranoia may even reach within the government and part of leading leftist journalistic enterprises.

As Investor’s Business Daily reporter Andrew Malcolm noted, “The Obama administration has been buying and storing vast amounts of ammunition in recent months, with the Department of Homeland Security just placing another order for an additional 21.6 million rounds…  Several other agencies of the federal government also began buying large quantities of bullets last year.  The Social Security Administration, for instance, not normally considered on the frontlines of anything but dealing with seniors, explained that its purchase of millions of rounds was for special agents’ required quarterly weapons qualifications.  They must be pretty poor shots.”  The Social Security Administration?  Really?  Are we preparing for a civil war of a right wing senior citizen militia?  Is owning an AARP card a sign of a future revolutionary?  Andrew Malcolm quipped, “Additionally, Janet Napolitano, a former governor of Arizona, is widely expected to seek the 2016 Democrat presidential nomination.  But you wouldn’t think she’d need that much ammo for such a bid.”

Of course, in modern day America, mediocrity is often rewarded and Janet Napolitano shouldn’t be forgiven for thinking she is qualified to be President since the most popular politician today is Hillary Clinton, whose stewardship at Secretary of State is proving to be a disaster for the next Secretary to deal with; and we should not forget her lack of leadership during Benghazi in which four Americans were killed.  Her stewardship over the last year should have been a career ender but she is now more popular than she has ever been in her life and Obama has demonstrated, one can be re-elected by producing the worst recovery from a recession for the past century and increasing the debt to record amounts!Obama Administration

While many recoiled at Mitt Romney’s 47% comment, the media and most in the ruling class often overlooked Obama’s comments about bitter clingers; a statement directed at gun owners and church goers which pretty much represents a far great number of Americans than Romney’s famous 47% statement.  For me, the bitter clinger’s reflected Obama view on much of those he governs and the initial Department of Homeland Security reflects how many within this administration view their follow Americans as something to be feared.

I can’t explain why the Administration’s view would buy enough Ammo to fight 24 Iraqi wars.  As one friend of mine observed, it is as likely that someone in this Administration view the purchases as a means to reduce gun ownership by reducing the amount of ammo available on the market and increase the cost of buying ammo and guns in an effort to price the average American out of the market. One question that might prove more troubling, do we have an administration that is paranoid?

Tags: ,

8 Responses to Is The Obama Administration Paranoid?

1. David Burris on February 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Tom – I hate to ruin your conspiracy theory, but there are approximately 120,000 Federal law enforcement officers in the US in 73 different agencies with various jurisdiction over criminal offenses. When I was a Special Agent with Treasury, we fired approximately 4 courses of 50 rounds 4 times per year when we qualified, or about 800 rounds per agent per year. 800 X 120,000 = 96 million. So civilian Federal law enforcement officers use about 96 million rounds of ammunition per year to qualify and maintain their authority to carry firearms.

I was a bit surprised and disappointed that you would mock the Special Agents at SSA, or any other Federal agency that has law enforcement officers, since it appears that you know little about what they do. The Federal law enforcement officers I worked with and know are extremely professional and risk their lives every day serving the citizens of this country in ways you cannot imagine. 3 Federal law enforcement officers were killed in the line of duty and 1,686 were assaulted just doing their jobs in the year 2011. The service of these officers should be honored, not ridiculed. – Dave Burris

2. Tom Donelson on February 14, 2013 at 9:11 pm

I will deal with your points in a future article and acknowledge that you make valid points. It doesn’t change my main point that there is a paranoid strain that exist on your side of the equation. This will be explored in the future as well.

• David Burris on February 15, 2013 at 6:36 pm

For what it is worth, based on my anecdotal non-scientific observations, the conservatives I know are many times more paranoid in how they conduct themselves in their day to day lives than my liberal friends. Also, studies have shown that Republicans are twice as likely as Democrats to possess firearms, which I would infer indicates increased paranoia on your side of the equation.

• Tom Donelson on February 16, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Really? You should spend evening watching MSNBC and I have occasionally cover it over past decade; you will see paranoid on parade I wouldn’t depend upon bull shit social studies by left wing sociology professor as much of proof of my paranoid. Many of my liberal friends are no more or no less crazy than my conservative friends, please don’t give me anecdotal stories about your friends. I could easily come up with a laundry lists of nutty leftist and a trip to University of Iowa thirty minutes away will provide enough example of crazy folks. I have always found that many university professor capable of believing crazy ideas and I have even debated a few. My point as I will show and have shown, there is a paranoid strain among the left that exist that needs to be dealt with. Since you wont’, I will.

I did note there are many on the right who have their share of paranoid but when Ron Paul or Tea Party supporters are considered as the same as militia by a government study; that is paranoid. Can you imagine if a Republican administration put out a study that stating a Hillary Clinton supporter needed to be watch? I take the Tea Party over the Occupy folks any day. At least women are safe at a Tea Party rally,.

The problem with the media and much of the liberal establishment is failure to note how radical your side has become. The demise of DLC is but one example of extremism of the left and the Democratic Party. I didn’t think I would witness the day where being a free market believer would be considered extremism but that is where we at. Besides when does exercising your second amendment right is a sign of extremism or whatever? Even Democrats own guns. I will give you the last word since I will cover this more in later issues. But then I am a happy warrior and I think you need better class of conservative friends. lol Have a good weekend and look forward to our next exchange.

• David Burris on February 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Tom – I provided both anecdotal and scientific evidence and identified which was which. To be more specific, on the scientific side, 25% of self-identified Democrats possess a gun and 60% of self-identified Republicans possess a gun. Gun ownership is one of the highest predictors of party affiliation. While there may be legitimate specific reasons for owning a gun, I submit that a high degree of paranoia is highly correlated with paranoia.

I would like you to provide me with a specific citation from a Government study that claims Ron Paul is classified the “same as militia.” I think you may be confused with the fact that they are many seriously dangerous “right-wing” terrorists in this country who claim to be “patriots” and the number of these “patriots” has increased dramatically since the “black guy” won two elections with more than 51% of the vote. You also seem to be confusing crazy with paranoid, weren’t we talking about paranoid? I agree that there are many crazy folks on the left and on the right and there are paranoid folks on both sides as well. But the evidence seems to point fairly definitively to a higher level of paranoia (and related insanity) on the right. I mean, come on, polls show that between 60-70% of Republicans don’t believe President Obama was born in the US. I wouldn’t call that proof of sanity, would you? – Dave Burris

3. Tom Donelson on February 17, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Read the first two paragraphs and that will answer your question. “It is not uncommon for militia members to display Constitution Party, Campaign for Liberty, or Libertarian material. These members are usually supporters of former Presidential Candidates: Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, and Bob Barr.” There is no doubt that Department of Homeland Security was equating or attempting to equate Paul supporters along with other libertarian and conservative supporters with militia. You did with gun owners what Department Homeland Security study with Ron Paul supporters association with militia supporters, declare gun ownership linked with a paranoia strain. So it is good to know that one out of every four Democrats are paranoia gun owners. which is why I love Obama going for gun control, it is one wedge issue that works for our side to unite paranoia gun owners. Good debating tactics thou. I’m moving on.

• David Burris on February 17, 2013 at 7:50 pm

If you think that numbers like the ones I quoted (60% vs. 25%) mean nothing more than that Republicans like loud noises more than Democrats, then there is no point at all in trying to analyze data. I do wonder, assuming that it is true that militia members are likely to be supporters of Paul, Baldwin or Barr, than they are to be supporters of Gandhi, are you suggesting that we should be barred from discussing that and trying to determine what, if anything, it means? While there may, or may not, be a significant statistical relationship between data and outcomes, should we be afraid to investigate? BTW, I have investigated some of these groups and spent hours talking to these “patriots” who hated everything and everyone associated with government and taxes and never met one who would ever vote for a Democrat. I am not saying there are not radical leftist groups, but in my experience, there is a much large and numerically significant group at the opposite end of the spectrum.

• David Burris on February 18, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Tom – One last point…try going to sites like Breitbart, or other similar sites on the political spectrum, and review a sample of the viewer comments on any article relating to the end of life as we know it, i.e., anything to do with things like Obama being President. Then go to Huffington Post or a similar liberal site and sample the viewer comments on articles that you would expect liberal to be troubled by. I think you will find that conservatives tend to equate all kinds of apopalyptic events with anything resembling a Democrat in office while liberals tend to take daily life/setbacks in their agenda in stride. – Dave