Like the great American trials of the past â Salem Witchcraft, Amistad, Lindbergh, Leopold & Loeb, Rodney King, Timothy McVeigh, O.J. Simpson and most recently Casey Anthony â President Obama finds himself asking for a reprieve from the American people in the trial of the American People v. Barack Obama.
After all, he did graduate from Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review, and went on to work as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School, so this should be a cinch, right?Â Wrong.
The problem with Obama is that he is facing the Perry Mason meets Atticus Finch of opponents in Governor Mitt Romney with an unblemished record in business, government and with the OlympicsâŚ not to mention his Boy Scout-like record, perfect family and great optimistic attitude.Â The former Governor of Massachusetts claims Obama has failed on the economy and as an extremely successful businessman, Mitt can do better.
The trial is simple.Â The American People, represented by Romney, have accused Obama of gross negligence in both economics and foreign affairs.Â Many want a guilty verdict that will force Obama out of the White House and send him back to Chicago.Â Obama simply wants a reprieve.
Obamaâs tactics in the earlier part of the year was to distract from his poor record and discredit Romney.Â He spent millions and millions of dollars early on to frame his opponent as an out-of-touch woman-hater who kills people for money.Â Mitt Romney fired back in the debates.Â He showed tens of millions of Americans that he is nothing like this villain Obama created and sold to the people.Â The polls pushed Romney back into the race.
Obama then tried to spin his record.Â While unemployment was worse than when he arrived, he touted that he created 4.5 million jobs.Â While GDP growth was at the worst level at this point in any recovery history, he touted that these economic indicators are strong and moving in the right direction.Â And while Americans were left helpless to die in Benghazi, Libya, Obama touted his foreign policy record while spiking the Osama bin Laden football.Â America saw through the false evidence and gave Mitt the momentum to take a commanding lead.
Then, with less than two weeks until Election Day, came Hurricane Sandy, Obamaâs quick response and high praise by Republican Governor Chris Christie.Â This caused the âMittmentumâ to stop.Â Campaigns went on a hiatus and when the storm passed and campaigns restarted, polling showed the race tightened.Â Some media outlets even say it is too close to call.
SIDEBAR: It took Obama a day to tour the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy in New York and New Jersey.Â However, it took him over a week to visit those hit by the tornado in Joplin, MO where 120 people were killed and it took him 13 days to tour the BP Oil Spill, worst environmental disaster in U.S. history and he didnât even visit Tennessee after the 1,000 year floods nor did he visit Texas during the wildfires that burned down 400 homes.Â Just imagine how fast his response wouldâve been had there been an election the following week during those disastersâŚ
And now there is only one day before Election DayâŚ and today is the day Obama and Romney make their closing arguments to the American People.
The indictment and evidence against the President is long.Â Here is Obama’s recordâŚ
* Obama started with 7.8% unemployment, itâs now 7.9%
* Record 46.7 Million Americans on food stamps
* Obama created 1 job for every 75 new food stamp applicants
* Record 8.8 Million Americans collecting disability
* Record 25.7 Million women live in poverty
* 46.2 Million people live below the poverty line
* Highest level of unemployment since the Great Depression
* 45 straight months of unemployment over 8% – longest in history
* Obamaâs unemployment rate is worse than the wost rates of the last 11 Presidents
* Hispanic jobless rate at 10.2%
* Black jobless rate at 14.1%
* If not re-elected, Obama will be the FIRST President in history to have lost jobs
* Obama promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term, it grew
* ZERO budgets passed in last 3 years
* Record Trillion dollar deficits
* $5.5 Trillion in debt in 4 years
* U.S. credit rating downgraded twice in 9 months
* Gas prices up 195% in 4 years
* Obama promised to double funding for Federal Charter School Program, he didnât
* Obama promised to double funding for after school programs, he didnât
* Obama promised to expand the child and dependent care credit, he didnât
* Obama promised to create a retirement savings tax credit, he didnât
* Obama promised to end income tax for seniors making less than $50k, he didnât
* Obama promised to allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices, he didnât
* Obama promised a new agency to investigate congressional ethics violations, nope
* Obama promised to allow five days of public comment before signing bills, nope
* Obama promised tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists, not even close
* Obama promised a Deceptive Practices & Voter Intimidation Prevention Act, nope
* Obama promised to increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour, he didnât
* Obama promised a national service plan without increasing the deficit, nope
* Obama promised to reduce the number of middle mgrs in the fed workforce, nope
* Obama promised to limit term of director of national intelligence, he didnât
* Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels, not even close
* Obama promised to require plug-in fleet at the White House, he didnât
* Obama promised to penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accts, nope
* Obama promised to recognize the Armenian genocide, nope he didnât
* Obama promised to negotiate health care reform on C-SPAN, didnât happen
* Obama promised to cut health insurance premiums by up to $2.5k a year, nope
* Obama promised to bring Dems and Repubs together to pass an agenda, laughable
* Obama promised a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year, he didnât
* Obama promised a human mission to moon by 2020, he gutted NASA
* 12 golf outings since the last meeting of his Jobs Council
* 104 rounds of golf and 16 vacations
* Obama has visited Israel a total of ZERO times since becoming President
* Obama called for Israel to return to its indefensible 1967 borders
* Obama forcing Catholics to pay for abortions vis-Ă -vis mandated health ins. plans
* Obama took a nap while Americans in Libya begged for help and were killed
* Obama tried covering up the Benghazi scandal by blaming a YouTube video
* War Record: 2000 American soldiers dead in Afghanistan
* Obama promised to close Gitmo, it remains open
* Obama promised to reduce Veterans Benefits Administration claims backlog, nope
* It took Obama 7 days to visit Joplin, Missouri after a tornado killed 120 people
* It took Obama 14 days to visit the gulf coast after the BP oil spill
* Obama declined to visit Tennessee after the historic 2010 â1,000 year floods.â
* Obama ignored the Texas wildfires when over 400 homes were lost.
* Michelle Obama has more personal staff than any first lady in history
* Obamaâs Fast & Furious has led to death of 2 Americans and over 400 Mexicans
* Obama lost billions in American dollars in Solyndra, Fisker, EnerDel disasters
* Secret Service Hookers, GSA Vegas Trips, ICE embezzlement
* All the historical indicators as noted in HollwoodRepublican.com’s Why Obama Will Lose (click here to read the article)
âŚWe can do better.Â This doesnât have to be the new normal.Â Vote for change.Â Vote for âlove of country.âÂ Vote for Mitt Romney.
My record is indefensible, but Russia loves me.Â So does GM’s unions.Â I literally party with Hollywood celebrities, rappers and rock stars… some of whom don’t even have high school diplomas.Â And Osama bin Laden hates me for jumping out of that helicopter and putting a bullet in his head myself. Â Mitt Romney is a liar, a murderer and he hates women.Â Anybody that votes for him is a racist.Â Forget Hope and ChangeâŚ Keep it the same and âvote revenge.â Vote for Barack Obama.
That pretty much sums it up.Â And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for… the verdict.
My prediction?Â The American Jury is persuadedâŚ Romney gets 51.5% of the vote and Obama gets only 48.5% and in the trial of The American People v. Barack Obama, Romney wins with 330 electoral votes to Obamaâs 208.
Itâs gonna be like 1980 all over again.Â Â Cue up Happy Days Are Here Again.
@MittRomney @BarackObama #2012Election #ObamaIsntWorking