Dog Eat Dog

Tim Ross
April 30, 2012 Posted by Tim Ross MrTim29@ymail.com

Going back as far as 1920 the White House Correspondents’ Association (an organization of journalists who cover the White House and the President of the United States) has held the The White House Correspondence Dinner.  The purpose of the dinner is to recognize aspiring and accomplished journalists and to raise scholarship money aimed at supporting aspiring journalists.  It is traditionally attended by the President, the First Lady, the Vice President as well as many other senior government officials and members of the press corps.

Prior to 1945, the annual dinner featured singing between courses, a homemade movie and an hour-long, post-dinner show with big-name performers; however, since then the featured speaker is usually a comedian, with the dinner taking on the form of a Presidential roast.  Today, the dinner generally includes a skit, either live or videotaped, by the sitting President in which he mocks himself, for the amusement of the press corps.

In the last couple decades, the dinners have attracted more and more “Hollywood” celebrities.  The attention given to the guest list and entertainers is increasingly overshadowing the intended purpose of the dinner.  This year,  Kim Kardashian, George Clooney, Kris Jenner, Sofia Vergara, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Steven Spielberg, Holly Robinson Peete, Al Sharpton, Tom Joyner, Johnny Galecki, Ann Curry, Claire Danes, Judd Apatow, Leslie Mann, Kevin Spacey, Elizabeth Banks, Tim Daly, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Hudson, Kerry Washington, Rashida Jones, Zooey Deschanel, Charlize Theron, Fred Armisen, Carrie Brownstein, Julie Bowen, Eva Longoria, Viola Davis, Goldie Hawn, Piers Morgan, Diane Keaton, Ivanka Trump, Sigourney Weaver and Reese Witherspoon to name a few attended the dinner.

Jimmy Kimmel was chosen as this year’s comedian to roast the President, and, well, everyone in the room.

And in true form, the Host of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, roasted everyone in the room.  From Democrats to Republicans, from Fox News to MSNBC, from Keith Olbermann to Rush Limbaugh, and so on.  Nobody was safe… most notably, President Obama was not safe.

One could tell this was going to be an especially bumpy ride for Obama when Kimmel was introduced and started making his way to the podium and Obama stood up to shake Kimmel’s hand and Kimmel barely acknowledged the President.  In fact, he made no eye contact and kept on going past Obama.  At the end of this awkward non-exchange, Obama stands there alone staring at Kimmel walking right on by.

But Kimmel eventually did make long eye contact with the President when he looked at Obama and said, “Mr. President, remember when the country rallied around you in the hope for a better tomorrow… that was hilarious…. that was your best one yet.”

Other standout zingers include:

“You know, there is a term for guys like [Obama]… not two terms.”

“I wish [Biden] was here so he could sit behind me and fake clap like he does at the State of the Union address.”

“MSNBC moved to the left of Hugo Chavez.”

“It doesn’t matter if you’re black like President Obama, or white like President Obama, or red like President Obama’s agenda…”

And then it took a weird turn when Kimmel started discussing dogs.  The first was a reference to Romney putting his dog in a crate and on top of the car when the family went on a vacation nearly 30 years ago.  This was an exploited issue by Democrats and the media up until the point it was discovered that Obama had actually eaten dog as a child… and now the treatment (or mistreatment as it were) of canines aren’t exploitable politically as much as they are exploitable for humor.

“You can’t even play Monopoly with [Romney], because he keeps putting the dog on the car.”

“When [Obama] goes to a dog park, is this the same as when we look at a tank full of lobsters?”

But what got even more weird is when the President himself started joking about eating dog.  But to put this in context, here is Obama’s own account of the incident in his own words:

It had taken me less than six months to learn Indonesia’s language, its customs, and its legends. I had survived chicken pox, measles and the sting of my teachers’ bamboo switches. The children of farmers, servants and low-level bureaucrats had become my best friends, and together we ran the streets morning and night, hustling odd jobs, catching crickets, battling swift kites with razor-sharp lines — the loser watched his kite soar off with the wind, and knew that somewhere other children had formed a long, wobbly train, their heads toward the sky, waiting for their prize to land. With Lolo, I learned how to eat small green chili peppers raw with dinner (plenty of rice), and, away from the dinner table, I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher), and roasted grasshopper (crunchy). Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the more ancient animist and Hindu faiths. He explained that a man took on the powers of whatever he ate: One day soon, he promised, he would bring home a piece of tiger meat for us to share. That’s how things were, one long adventure, the bounty of a young boy’s life.

It’s one thing to write about his exotic experiences growing up all over the world, it’s another to be critical of Mitt Romney for his treatment of dogs, but it is quite another to joke about eating man’s best friend.  And that is exactly what Obama did at the White House Correspondence Dinner.

“What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?”  Obama asked, recalling a 2008 campaign joke told by then-vice presidential nominee Sarah Pain. “A pit bull is delicious.”

“…as my stepfather always told me, ‘It’s a boy-eat-dog world out there’”

Really?!

I guess this means that we won’t be hearing about Romney’s dog anymore.  Or as The Daily Caller put it, “That man-crates-dog portrayal… has been trumped by the man-eats-dog confession.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

53 Responses to Dog Eat Dog

1. GodFearingPatriot on April 30, 2012 at 10:33 am

Tim, we are both conservative, me more than you on social issues of course (and we have disagreed on the issue of gay marriage) but I wanted your take on this Dan Savage business.

Thanks.

• Tim Ross on April 30, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Last Saturday I posted that article on my facebook page with the comment, “Sounds like this pansy-ass, Dan Savage, is the bully to me…”

• GodFearingPatriot on May 1, 2012 at 4:12 am

Agreed.

• Spaceghost on May 1, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Awesome. Dan Savage criticizes a book that gives bullies an excuse to bully homosexuals, so naturally, you take the side of…the bullies.

Keep fighting that good fight, Birther Tim!

• Tim Ross on May 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Meanwhile, truther turdsky, you overlook the fact — no, the irony — that the 47 year old anti-bully man was cursing at, intimidating and, quite frankly, bullying teenage kids.

• spaceghost on May 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

“It’s funny, as someone who’s been on the receiving end of beatings that are justified by the Bible, how pansy-a–ed some people react when you push back.”

That’s it? That’s “cursing and bullying teenage kids”? A wise-ass remark about some students who walking out on him? You’re gonna make the case that the word “pansy-assed” is harmful to a bunch of high schoolers? So all your sympathy goes to a dozen kids who were the brunt of a quip as they were storming out of a speech about bullying, and none to the…you know…ACTUAL VICTIMS OF BULLYING?

Priorities!

Keep up the fine work!

PS The difference between you calling me a “truther” and me calling you a “birther”? The latter is actually true. And you’re a coward for not answering that question. Coward Birther Tim. Nice ring to it.

• Tim Ross on May 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Typical Leftist. First, you are the authority on everything like what constitutes “bullying.” Second, you are taking the douche-bag’s comments out of context. Here’s the full context:

“We can learn to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about gay people… the same way we have learned to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about shellfish, about slavery, about dinner, about farming, about menstruation, about virginity, about masturbation. We ignore bullshit in the Bible about all sorts of things… It’s funny, as someone who’s been on the receiving end of beatings that are justified by the Bible, how pansy-assed some people react when you push back.”

What a guy… belittling the faith of teenagers. It probably makes him more of a man.

If I belittle the chess club or the computer club, don’t ya think the nerds might feel a little bullied by the big old jock? I think that is called “verbal harassment” and is covered in your bullying handbook which you should’ve received at your last DNC Talking Points Conference.

And what the hell are you talking about me being a birther? You are a complete idiot. I said that I was fine with the birth certificate that Obama provided… even if its been totally photoshopped all over the place. So, I am as much of a birther as you are a truther, idiot.

2. spaceghost on April 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Jesus, seriously? THAT’S what’s grinding your gears this week? A few jokes about dog-eating?

Whereas Bush joking about sending thousands of young man off to war into a country that had no WMDs, and getting them maimed and killed and killing and maiming thousands of Iraqi soldiers and civilians in the process…and then joking about THAT, you’re okay with?

Odd sense of humor, your gang has.

3. Spaceghost on May 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm

>>“We can learn to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about gay people… the same way we have learned to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about shellfish, about slavery, about dinner, about farming, about menstruation, about virginity, about masturbation. We ignore bullshit in the Bible about all sorts of things…

This was part of his speech. I fail to see how it bullies anyone other than the authors of the Bible, who are long dead. And then…

>>It’s funny, as someone who’s been on the receiving end of beatings that are justified by the Bible, how pansy-assed some people react when you push back.”

THIS was what he said as people were walking out on him, and THIS is what people are referring to in calling him out on “bullying.” I still fail to see how this wise-ass, passive-aggressive remark about a dozen people walking out on him constitutes bullying, particularly since it’s about pushing back AGAINST bullies. But whatever, you’ll see what you want to see, as always.

>>What a guy… belittling the faith of teenagers.

Oh, spare me the righteous indignation. What, TEENAGERS are so fragile that they can’t take one guy calling some of the stuff in the Bible “bullshit”? Some of it IS bullshit, Tim. Intolerant, sexist, racist, misogynistic, homophobic, guilt-inducing, shame-provoking, Puritanical bullshit. That’s just fact. But TEENAGERS are so genteel that they can’t take it being pointed out? Fucking spare me.

>>If I belittle the chess club or the computer club, don’t ya think the nerds might feel a little bullied by the big old jock?

What you’re doing is more like calling a chess pro a “bully” because he comes to visit a school and tells the chess club kids to not put up with the jocks bullying them anymore. See the difference?

>>I think that is called “verbal harassment”

Uh, right, “verbal harassment” of…the Bible. And people who bully homosexuals because the Bible has provided justification for it. Those cruel, cruel…victims of bullying. How dare they.

>>And what the hell are you talking about me being a birther?

You know exactly. You had the opportunity to state that you believe the birth certificate is genuine, and you declined to do so. What else is one to think?

>>I said that I was fine with the birth certificate that Obama provided…

No, you fucking didn’t. You said you believed he was born in America, is the closest you came to that. But then you couldn’t help adding…

>>even if its been totally photoshopped all over the place.

…which a) undermines your supposed belief that he was born here, and b) has already been shown to you to be (even REPUBLICANS admit) complete bullshit.

Again: What I asked was if you believed the birth certificate to be genuine and NOT doctored. You couldn’t bring yourself to say that, and you continue to try to weasel your way out of an answer by talking out of both sides of your mouth. What does being “fine” with the birth certificate mean? Do you believe it’s a genuine, accurate document of his birth or not? It’s a YES OR NO QUESTION, for fuck’s sake. And if you truly believed it was, you wouldn’t feel so compelled to mention this supposed Photoshopping every time the subject comes up.

So sorry, but yes, Tim, unless and until you are willing to say that YOU BELIEVE the birth certificate is not a hoax, has not been doctored, and displays accurate information about the when and where of Obama’s birth…YOU’RE A BIRTHER.

Whereas, I have never, ever once, anywhere said anything remotely resembling a “truther” claim, so that’s just sad, desperate and even more dishonest than usual on your part. So no, you’re a tad more of a birther than I am a truther.

You’re bad at this. Have I mentioned?

• Tim Ross on May 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm

You justified “bullying.” Congrats.

So, people, please read that mess this turd just wrote. Please. You can all make up your own minds after reading that train-wreck.

• Spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 7:48 am

>>You justified “bullying.” Congrats.

No, you REDEFINED bullying to include a wise-ass quip about bullying to someone’s back as they walk away from you. Congrats.

>>Anyway, you response was so terrible, I am not even going to grace it with a response. I just want people to read it. There is no better proof to demonstrate what an ideological idiot and moron you are than what you just wrote. It’s simply self-evident.

That is so lame, I barely have the words for it. You’ve topped yourself. Congrats.

Here’s the REAL reason you’re being non-responsive about it:

Because you’re a coward.

Because the facts are inescapable this time, and the facts are these:

You were asked a very, very simple yes or no question, and you declined to answer it, even after you were reminded several times of it. And if you’d answered affirmatively to it, you would have been rid of me completely for the next six months. It would have been that simple, but you declined to answer. Why?

Because the question was “Do you believe the birth certificate is genuine?”

If you’d said yes, that would have admitted that all this birther crap you’ve been putting out there was wrong, and it would have put an end to all this whining you’ve been doing about Photo-shopping. It would have been admitting that the left was correct all along in calling this a bullshit issue, and it would have meant that Obama has been telling the truth all along, that he was born exactly where and when he said he was, and the entire birther issue is a dead fish.

And if you’d said no, you don’t believe the birth certificate is genuine…you would have been admitting that you’re a paranoid loon.

So what’s a guy to do? Just…Not answer! Brilliant! Cowardly, but brilliant!

And then you made it worse by coming on here and pretending that you DID answer by ducking the question with bullshit (“I said I was fine with the birth certficate!”) which means nothing. And you KNOW you didn’t answer, because if you HAD answered, a) There’d, you know, BE ANSWER THERE, and b) You’d be saying “Hey, you said you’d leave me alone! I believe the birth certificate is real! You promised to go away!” Or “No, I told you, the birth certificate is fake! Quit asking already!”

But instead…weaselly bullshit. “The birth certificate is fine, even though it’s photoshopped!” What the fuck does that mean, Tim? What do you believe is photo-shopped? And how can you be “fine” with it if it’s photo-shopped? Is the vital information on it accurate or not? If it is, then what was photo-shopped? And if it isn’t, then what’s “fine” about it?

And then of course, the ultimate in weaseliness: “I’m not going to answer” and trying to pretend like it’s just so far beneath your dignity to do so.

Uh-huh. Right. Because you respect all the posts of mine that you HAVE responded to so much.

No one’s buying it, Tim.

You’re a coward.

And a weasel.

And most importantly and officially now…

A Birther.

Congrats, loon.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 8:23 am

Only Turdsky could write a 521 word reply to a comment that simply asked people to just read your train-wreck of a reply and make their minds up for themselves.

You’ve really outdone yourself. Lemme guess, you will reply to this with, say, about a 250 word comment.

• Spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 8:56 am

Counting words again.

Fucking sad.

Tim, if you really answered the question, why aren’t you reminding me of my promise to leave you alone? Why are you tolerating this?

(Hint: Because you didn’t answer it.)

(Because you’re a coward.)

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 9:30 am

Congrats… 39 words. That has to be a record! I am wondering if you can top that now?

4. Servo on May 3, 2012 at 8:47 am

First of all, didn’t the kids walk out on Savage in the middle of his presentation? So they weren’t even there when he said the “bullying” remarks? How do you bully someone who can’t hear you? In any case, when one of these kids goes home and hangs themselves in their bedroom over Savage’s comments get back to me.

And for the last time, the President’s birth certificate was NOT PHOTOSHOPPED. I will link–once again–to the National Freakin’ Review’s debunking of this: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/265767/pdf-layers-obamas-birth-certificate-nathan-goulding

Instead of complaining about Arthur’s 250 word replies, I’d be THRILLED to hear 25 words from you on the NR article. Because up to now, I haven’t heard ONE.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 9:36 am

Just when I thought you were making progress… you slipped back over 100 words. Tsk. Tsk.

And for the record, moron, because photoshopping is my business… the birth certificate was photoshopped as part of the scanning process. I didn’t say it was substantively changed, it was run through photoshop (and cleaned up). You are such an idiot, it’s almost intolerable.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 10:03 am

So why even mention it? If it’s wasn’t substantially changed, and you don’t believe anything nefarious was going on, then what’s the point of qualifying your “belief” that it’s authentic with “but it was severely photoshopped all over the place”?

I know the answer, but I’ll let you tell me.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 10:05 am

Just for the record…

1. Servo isn’t me.
        2. This counting words thing of yours is transparent, sad and desperate, and pretty much says it all.
        3. You can’t have it all three ways, Tim. You can’t gripe about my responses AND claim you answered the question AND claim you’re not a Birther. If you’re not a Birther, why not answer that you believe the birth certificate to be genuine? Then you get rid of me AND dismiss all accusations of being a Birther in one fell swoop.

But you didn’t because you can’t because you’re a coward. End of story.

Couple hundred words I’m sure. Guess what? NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

You are seriously bad at this, Coward Birther Tim.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 10:10 am

BTW, I’m surprised photoshop is your business…I would have guessed you were a bean-counter.

If you want to count words, you posted a comment on Marmel’s page recently that clocked in at 788 words. So I don’t get your ire.

Considering this article was posted on 4/30 and besides Arthur and me the only other people who have left comments on here are some gay-hating “patriot” and you. I’d just be happy to have ANY words posted in my comment thread, if I were you.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 10:57 am

So Turdsky couldn’t handle this one on his own so he had to enlist the help of some other leftist Marmel poster? Awesome. Bring more. Two won’t cut it… you need the whole Calvary.

1. Ummm… the last thing I posted to Marmel’s page was 70 words. Thank you.

2. I count the words because Turdsky cannot win an argument or have the last word without wearing down his opponent with something he has and others don’t have — time. He writes, and writes, and writes… because he is a loser who sits in his crappy NoHo apt. all day behind his computer screen breaking every once in awhile to clean out his cat’s litter boxes. He is a loser who depends on attrition to win an argument… and I point that out. If he had a life, he wouldn’t be replying to anyone and everyone on multiple posts, threads, forums, etc. all day long, everyday.

3. I’ve answered your stupid birther questions in the past, down below right now… and I probably will have to in the future. You dumb truthers.

4. And stop with the gay-baiting. Republicans don’t hate gays. Why can’t you admit that? Afraid the DNC will take your card away? You don’t because you’re a coward. End of story.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 11:36 am

Ask Richard Grenell how the Republican Party feels about gays.

Your side brought up the birther issue, and now you gotta wear it. As long as you guys keep spreading doubt over Obama’s citizenship, yes…I will continue to consider you a Birther and you will continue to be questioned and addressed as one. (Kind of like you refuse to lay off calling Steve a “kid hater”, even though he graciously pushed your upcoming charity event.)

And how the hell am I a “Truther”?? I’ve never latched on to that conspiracy theory. Now you’re just making shit up.

PS: Your post just now was 213 words. Just for the record.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 12:19 pm

1. “Ask Richard Grenell how the Republican Party feels about gays.” – Doesn’t a gay republican sort of defeat your own argument?

Yeah, I win that argument hands down.

2. Actually, our side did not bring up the “birther” issue. It was Hillary’s campaign in 2008. You are as ignorant as Turdsky.

3. You are as much of a truther as I am a birther… isn’t evident by the Turdsky’s backward logic?

4. You posted 109 words. So what? It only matters if your planning on winning your argument through attrition. You can’t do that now that I’ve destroyed your arguments. So, game over.

5. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 10:14 am

>>I didn’t say it was substantively changed

But you didn’t say it WASN’T. Why not?

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 10:50 am

Turdsky, you are the world’s biggest idiot. According to your logic, I believe that ‘little green men from Mars exist’ based solely on the fact that I’ve never utter those words. Your art of deduction is, well, horrible at best. Your inability to disprove that I am not a birther does not prove that I am a birther… idiot. I’ve already said I accept the long form birth certificate, and that it was photoshopped, but I did not find that there any substantive changes to it. Get over yourself, moron.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 10:59 am

6. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 11:29 am

>>Turdsky, you are the world’s biggest idiot. According to your logic, I believe that ‘little green men from Mars exist’ based solely on the fact that I’ve never utter those words.

Sorry, no, nice try. Again: YOU WERE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO GET RID OF ME BY ANSWERING THAT QUESTION IN THE AFFIRMATIVE, AND YOU TURNED IT DOWN. What the fuck else is one to think? Why in the world would you duck that question when if the simple answer to it is “Yes, I believe the birth certificate is genuine, and POOF, you’ve vanquished me, just like that? What possible other reason could you have for not answering it other than that you’re too ashamed to actually admit what a dyed-in-the-wool Birther you are?

>>Your inability to disprove that I am not a birther does not prove that I am a birther…

Dude. YOU DIDN’T ANSWER THE QUESTION. You ducked it. Then you pretended you answered it. And again I ask: If you really DID answer it, then why haven’t you uttered a single word of complaint along the lines of “Hey, I said the birth certificate is genuine, so why are you still bothering me? You promised!”

Why aren’t you telling me to held up my end of the deal? Isn’t that the bleeding obvious thing to do if you’ve held up YOUR end?

>>I’ve already said I accept the long form birth certificate, and that it was photoshopped, but I did not find that there any substantive changes to it. Get over yourself, moron.

You haven’t said that, and you haven’t held up your end of the deal. The deal specifically stated that there would be no mention of photo-shopping (And as Servo asked: If there were no substantive changes, why do you keep mentioning the Photoshopping?), and that there would be no qualifications, that it would be a simple, declarative sentence: “I believe the birth certificate is genuine and accurate.” Not “I accept the birth certificate.” Not “The birth certificate is fine with me.” Not “I believe he was born here.” “THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS ACCURATE AND GENUINE.”

You have not said that.

All you’ve done is duck and stall and find ways to SORT OF say that without actually saying it and then undermine it with this Photoshop talk. That’s what makes you such a coward. You’re ashamed of your own views.

>>Let me quickly add to that… your “art” of deduction is like your “art” of writing… you are a failure — an enormous 40-something failure — at being a screenwriter… and you are just a tool of the WGA. I bet you are just salivating for the next strike, huh?

Yawn. First it’s the word-counting, and when Servo blew that up in your face, now it’s ad homs about my career. Anything to duck the question, eh, Coward Birther Tim?

You’re so fucking bad at this, it hurts.

And incidentally, you’ve used that very “logic” you are now decrying on me, many times. “You haven’t condemned that one guy who held up that one sign! So you must agree with it! You hate the troops!” You’re so fucking bad at this.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 11:46 am

I might add that to an outside observer on Marmel’s site, your ducking of Arthur’s Birther challenge might make you appear to be a chicken.

And a Birther.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Asked and answered, idiot.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 2:36 pm

>>Asked and answered, idiot.

No, it wasn’t, coward.

But nice try.

(You suck at this.)

7. Servo on May 3, 2012 at 11:42 am

>>Awesome. Bring more. Two won’t cut it… you need the whole Calvary.<<

How can we possibly bring the entire site of Jesus' crucifixion into this?

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I don’t know… but I am sure you are both getting closer to calling me Hitler. Demagogues.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm

>>I don’t know… but I am sure you are both getting closer to calling me Hitler

No, “coward” and “birther” are good enough for now, thanks. But feel free to continue taking offense at things we haven’t remotely said. Loon.

8. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

>>2. I count the words because Turdsky cannot win an argument or have the last word without wearing down his opponent with something he has and others don’t have — time.

Attrition? You were asked a simple yes/no question, and rather than answer it, you switched to another thread and wrote 700+ stupid words on another subject. You had time for THAT, but not “Yes, I believe the birth certificate is accurate and genuine”? WTF?

Your obsession with my cats and apartment is truly freakin’ weird and creepy, on top of being insanely off-topic. That’s from me here at my desk at my job, btw.

You’d be shocked to learn how little time it takes me to destroy your “arguments”. Know why? Go on, guess!

(Hint: It has to do with you being really fucking bad at this.)

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Two posts… 848 words. Now that’s the Turdsky we all know.

I think I know now when you’ve been defeated in an argument, you reply with a ton of nonsense. The war of attrition, it’s your only hope to get the last word in and feel like you’ve won an argument.

By the way, you’re at your desk now? Is that the desk where you write crappy screenplays in your crappy apartment? Or is that the strike-plotting desk at the WGA? Or is that your “desk” at The Bicycle Casino? Tell the pit boss I said hi.

Loser.

9. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 2:09 pm

>>Two posts… 848 words. Now that’s the Turdsky we all know.

No one cares. You’re a coward.

>>I think I know now when you’ve been defeated in an argument, you reply with a ton of nonsense.

You keep saying that, but haven’t said a single word to demonstrate it. Either you actually think it’s nonsense, which implies a serious reading problem, or you’re just saying that to attempt to weasel out of an answer. Which is it?

I don’t know how my “nonsense” could be any clearer. You were asked a simple yes/no question, and if you’d said “yes”, you would have been rid of me until after the election. Instead you did everything you could to NOT answer the question. Silence, changing the subject, half-answering it…but not just plain old flat out answering it. What is one to think? You’re too ashamed of your views to answer it. It’s really that simple.

>>By the way, you’re at your desk now? Is that the desk where you write crappy screenplays in your crappy apartment?

Your obsession with an apartment you’ve never seen and scripts you’ve never read and cats you’ve never met is fucking bizarre and scary. And insanely off-topic.

>>Or is that the strike-plotting desk at the WGA?

Is that what I am now, I’m a tool of the “strike-plotting” WGA…because…I’m a union member? God, you’re fucking bad at this.

>>Or is that your “desk” at The Bicycle Casino? Tell the pit boss I said hi.

It’s not a dealing job, it’s an office job, but I love it when your condescension toward people who actually work for a living rears its revolting head. Yes, Tim, some people are casino dealers full-time. They make pretty good money at it, get full benefits, and some even quite enjoy it. Me, I mostly work charity tournaments and the like, so go ahead and sneer at that to your heart’s delight. It says far more about you than me, but have at it.

God, you suck at this. Seriously.

10. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 2:14 pm

And please explain to me how you “won” the argument and I “lost.” I offered you an extremely sweeet deal to prove to one and all that you’re not a birther, and you declined to take it, and then pretended you’d answered the question, and no one bought it.

Again I ask: If you actually answered the question, why aren’t you telling me that you held up your end of the deal, and it’s time to hold up mine? And why do you keep ducking THAT question? It’s about as simple and obvious a question as it gets. Why aren’t you saying “Hey, the birth certificate is genuine, now leave me alone until November!”?

And I’ll save you the trouble: A few hundred words, no one cares, and you’re still a coward.

And a Birther.

11. Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Four posts/comments… I really set you off. Love it. Look, I don’t frown upon casino dealers. I think they make an honest living and I am sure many love what they do. What I do frown upon is some jackass who thinks he’s an expert in everything, yet at past age 40 doesn’t have much of a life to show for his “expansive knowledge and expertise.” In fact, one day you are going to be a drag on society…and it’s going to be the people like me paying for your the people like you. And you will look back and wish you had gotten that office job much sooner and built an actual career instead of piddling away your life as a talentless hack on some screenwriting pipe dream. And people like me will be thinking, ‘why do I have to pay for the bad decisions of these idiotic Leftists that should’ve realized much sooner than their early forties that they needed to find a real career and work on a real retirement? Why?!’ Loser.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm

>>Try this one on for size… Ask Democrat Fred Waldron Phelps, Sr how he feels about gays.<>Yeah, I win that argument hands down.<>Actually, our side did not bring up the “birther” issue. It was Hillary’s campaign in 2008.<>You are as much of a truther as I am a birther… isn’t evident by the Turdsky’s backward logic?<>You posted 109 words. So what? It only matters if your planning on winning your argument through attrition. You can’t do that now that I’ve destroyed your arguments. So, game over.<<

No, game on.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 3:37 pm

(sorry…I think I screwed up the formatting. Let me try this again.)

Fucking please. I could care less what Fred Phelps’ voter registration is. No one in either party takes that clown seriously and you know it. Ted Bundy was a registered Republican…I don’t go around accusing Republicans of being serial rapist-murderers.

>>Yeah, I win that argument hands down.

No. No you don’t.

>>Actually, our side did not bring up the “birther” issue. It was Hillary’s campaign in 2008.

I will grant you that. But who took it and ran with it? Tea Partiers. Who extrapolated that into signs telling Obama to “go back to Kenya” and “Show me the birth certificate!”, other signs of a witch doctor with a bone through his nose, postcards of watermelons in the White House garden, emailed “jokes” depicting Obama’s family as apes and his mom conceiving him after sex with a dog? Tea Partiers…including some of our GOP politicians and judges! Hooray for No Racism!

>>You are as much of a truther as I am a birther… isn’t evident by the Turdsky’s backward logic?

I actually believe you aren’t a birther. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are reasonably intelligent enough to not buy into that garbage. BUT until you STOP with the hints about how it was Photoshopped and take up Arthur on his challenge, I am going to consider you no better than one. You are simply race-baiting, and you know it.

And let’s be fair: you did post doubts about the certificate before Obama released the original copy you “demanded” he show (even though most of us were satisfied with the Proof of Birth provided, as I’m sure you were with President Bush’s…oh yeah, you never asked to see that one.) I, on the other hand, have NEVER ascribed to the 9/11 Truth crap. So points for me, I guess.

>>You posted 109 words. So what? It only matters if your planning on winning your argument through attrition. You can’t do that now that I’ve destroyed your arguments. So, game over.

No, game on.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 4:51 pm

You don’t accuse republicans of being serial rapists-murders (I don’t know you, so I have to take your word for it), but you do accuse republicans of hating gays… even in spite of the fact that there are gay republicans. You probably think they are self-loathing, huh? Listen, don’t throw gay-baiting stones when you live in gay-hating Phelps glass house.

Hillary is the first birther… you will grant me that. PWND.

You’re right, I am not birther anymore than you are a truther. PWND.

The way it looks to me, you lost that game. Thanks for playing.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 4:13 pm

>>Four posts/comments… I really set you off.

Uh, no. But keep counting stupid shit instead of actually saying something of substance. Says it all.

>>What I do frown upon is some jackass who thinks he’s an expert in everything, yet at past age 40 doesn’t have much of a life to show for his “expansive knowledge and expertise.”

Then why bring up the subject of casino dealers? You do this all the time, it’s so cowardly and sad. You ridicule me for X, and then when I remind you how elitist it is to ridicule someone for X, you wussily back-pedal and say “No, I have no problem with X, just with YOU.” Then why bring up X? Why not, you know, STICK THE FUCKING SUBJECT? Oh, right, cause you suck at this.

>>In fact, one day you are going to be a drag on society…and it’s going to be the people like me paying for your the people like you.

Dude, how about you pick on someone who DOESN’T have a full-time job and does freelance jobs on the side? That at least makes some sort of sense and is consistent with your party’s attitude. It’s dickish but at least there’s a bizarre, bullying logic to it. This is just fucking weird.

Meanwhile, some very fucking basic questions germaine to the subject get left unanswered.

1. Why do you keep ducking the opportunity to say that you believe the birth certificate is genuine and accurate?

2. Why do you keep ducking the question of why, if you HAVE answered the question, you aren’t telling me to hold up my end of the deal and leave you alone?

Until you can answer either of those, you are quite simply, a Birther and a Coward. And I’m far from unemployed, but I’d rather BE unemployed than either of those.

You’re a sad, sad case, Coward Birther Tim.

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Your boy Servo even admits I am not birther… so, get over it, dude.

Go type some more.

Loser.

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Either you didn’t read my post, or you have the reading comprehension skills of a 3-year old. (Which is not difficult to believe, since he uses the term “PWND”.)

You still insist on attaching Democrats to Phelps, which is so laughable I take back what I said earlier about you possibly being “reasonably intelligent”. What was I thinking?!

Because I grant you one point (about Hillary bringing up the Birther issue), that does not make me “PWND” by your sorry ass. Why don’t you defend the racist signs, postcards, and emails I laid out as modest examples of clear racism in YOUR party? Or did I “PWN” you there?

>>I am not birther anymore than you are a truther. PWND.

Again, your reading comprehension sucks. And grow up.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Servo –

The ratio of how many times he’s insisted he’s won, he’s “pwnd”, and he’s destroyed an argument to the actual amount of points he’s even attempted to make is just staggering.

He’s not good at this, is he?

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm

>>Your boy Servo even admits I am not birther… so, get over it, dude.

I’ll get over it when you state what you were challenged to state. I seriously don’t get it. If you’re willing to insist so repeatedly that you’re not a birther, why aren’t you willing to make the statement that you believe the birth certificate to be accurate and genuine? Do you enjoy my demolishing your posts that much?

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm

By the way….

>>You don’t accuse republicans of being serial rapists-murders (I don’t know you, so I have to take your word for it), but you do accuse republicans of hating gays

No I don’t. I accuse SOME of them of hating gays, but not all. I do think that the Republican Party does much to turn gay people away from them, however. Just ask Richard Grenell, who I’ve mentioned before and whom you have so far chosen not to comment about. (Except for by somehow equating his situation to Fred Phelps being a Democrat, which is kind of like comparing Obama to Hitler. Oh wait…)

12. spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 4:17 pm

>>And let’s be fair: you did post doubts about the certificate before Obama released the original copy you “demanded” he show (even though most of us were satisfied with the Proof of Birth provided,

He did more than that, he posted at least two whole very clearly birther-sympathizing columns on the subject. One was even a Q & A primer for the novice birther.

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 4:25 pm

>>Whether he actually IS a birther or not, the notion that he’s as much of a birther as we are truthers is fucking laughable.

(Vice versa is obviously more like what I meant. The notion that we’re as much truthers as he is a birther, etc. Hate that you can’t edit posts on this chintzy site…)

• Tim Ross on May 3, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Are you done?

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 5:49 pm

If I were you, I’d hope not. This is the most action this page has seen since you posted the article!

And frankly, I haven’t even read the damn thing!

• spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

>>Are you done?

In the time it took you type that non-post, you could have copied and pasted “I believe the birth certificate is genuine and accurate”, and then you’d be rid of me until November.

Seriously, why haven’t you done that? What’s stopping you?

• Servo on May 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Good point, Arthur.

Don’t look now, Ross…but only one guy has been “PWNED” around here, and I think it’s you.

13. Spaceghost on May 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm

The Phelps tangent is hilariously stupid, by the way, isn’t it? In the same breath that he denies that the GOP is homophobic, he names ONE insane homophobic dude who happens to have run for office as a Democrat, as if to prove that the Dems are homophobic.

Okay, so that’s how it works? By your logic, CBT, if you name one homophobic person in the party, you’ve proven that the party is homophobic? So if I name ten homophobic Republicans, does that make them ten times as homophobic? Cause I could without even breaking a sweat. (They’d be mostly obvious closet cases, but still.)

Have you really thought this through?

(Hint: No.)